Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Saucilicious Slow Cooker Pork Chops



Do you ever feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day to squeeze in all you have to do, plus prepare, cook, and lovingly present a home-cooked meal to your family? While I can't add sand to the hourglass of your day, I can share a secret weapon recipe you need in your recipe box (aka: foodie pinboard)! Pin, then jot these 6 ingredients on your next shopping list ... your taste buds & your family will thank you later! 

This meal is fancy enough for a Sunday dinner, yet simple enough to enjoy any day of the week!








SAUCILICIOUS SLOW COOKER PORK CHOPS


The "Meat & Potatoes" of the Meal:
4 Pork Chops
Baby Carrots 
Approximately 3-5 Red Potatoes, depending on size (Russets work fine too ;))

Sauce:
1/4 cup Ketchup
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup 

Steps to Creating a Maximum Flavor Meal with Minimal Effort:
Cut potatoes in quarters.
Place potatoes and baby carrots in slow cooker.
Add the pork chops on top of veggies.
Mix the sauce ingredients, pour and spread evenly over pork chops.
Cook on low for 8 hours.

Recipe Source:  My mom (aka: the Cookbook Queen) shared a recipe from one of her Taste of Home cookbooks years ago.  We barely adapted it, basically added veggies to create an all-in-one, entree AND sides, meal.  Gotta love that! ;)



























Oh so easy!  Oh so good!  ... ENJOY!


You may also be interested in:



Thanks for stopping by! Don't be shy. Please say, "HI!"


Don't miss a thing at Chatting Over Chocolate!
Follow on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Google Friend Connect, or have each new post delivered to your inbox!
*To join via GFC or subscribe via email see left sidebar of blog ;)


{Visit my LINK PARTIES! page to see where I've shared this post, and find other fabulous bloggers' creations, too!}


I was honored to have this post featured at:

Mandy's Recipe Box



34 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious, Brenda! I will definitely be pinning this to try soon. You should link it up over at the Crock-pot Recipe Link Party I posted yesterday. I know there are others who would love this time-saving delicious all in one dinner. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy! I love my crock pot..it's a life saver! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious!!!! I found you via Wildcard wednesday and I'm so happy I did!! Great recipe that I will be adding to my repertoire :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kind of dinner, easy and ready when I need it. Because you are right, there aren't enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love easy crock pot recipes and this one looks delicious! I can't wait to give it a try! Would you consider sharing this recipe and any others you may have over at my Pinterest Party?
    http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2013/04/17/pinterest-power-party-features-6.html

    Thanks!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the name of this recipe!!! :) We will need to give this a try next time we have pork chops in the house.
    http://www.chickyscafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great and easy! I'm trying these soon!! loved looking through your blog...newest follower here!
    Danielle@mysnippetsofinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness my dear that looks fab. I feel like not enough hours almost every day .. lol.

    The name is perfect :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so all over this for this week! Tuesdays are the crazy day around here where my crockpot gets the most use!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. PINNING! Wow, looks so yummy AND easy ~ my kinda meal! Thanks for sharing at the Get Schooled party =) Marcy @ day2daySuperMom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, commenting, and pinning!! So great to hear from you, Marcy!

      Delete
  12. Yum! Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #9.
    ~Amber @ http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a keeper. It sounds wonderful and fast. That's the key word "FAST". Thank you loads for sharing this. I want to try this.

    Consider yourself hugged,
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-butterscotch-apple-fluff/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree ... FAST is fabulous!! Hope you try and enjoy soon, Sue! Thanks for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  14. Sounds saucilious! Love a sauce with pork chops. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! This looks sooo good! And I bet the sauce is killer :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders! Hope you're enjoying your week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm! Looks yummy and something my kids would love to eat! Thanks so much for sharing! Julia @ www.juliakendrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so yummy and the best part----its made in the crockpot! Yum! Following you via blog lovin! I would be thrilled to have you share this at my link party!

    http://www.madetobeamomma.com/2013/04/homemade-by-you-48.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so tasty! I do have a question...I am allergic to mushrooms so is there something I can substitute for the cream of mushroom soup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom uses Cream of Chicken soup instead when she makes it. You could give that a shot! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you enjoy the recipe sans mushrooms. :*)

      Delete
  19. Mine turned out Ridiculously DRY!! Any ideas why? Yuck... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that it didn't turn out for ya! I've never had that problem with this recipe before. Did you cook it longer or at a higher temp?

      Delete
  20. Looking for an easy Crock pot recipe for dinner tonight, this looks yummy !! But I want to add some celery.... Hmmmm .... I'll let you know how it turns out !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you enjoy your version of it tonight ;)
      Have a fabulous weekend!!

      Delete
  21. Can you use frozen pork chops or do they have to be thawed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd need to thaw them first. Hope you'll give the recipe a try & enjoy! ;)

      Delete
  22. What temperature do you set it at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cook on low for 8 hours. Thanks for stopping by, Joanne! Hope you enjoy the recipe too! (:

      Delete
  23. I was so disappointed with this recipe. It smelled wonderful, but the pork chops were dry, the sauce was bland, and not even a mountain of barbecue sauce could fix it. I apologized at length to my family for serving it, and promised to never make it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess is that you cooked it too long or at a higher temp. Overcooking does result in dryness. As you can see in the photo above they should not come out dry. I'm surprised to hear you found the sauce to be bland. Best wishes in finding a recipe that better suits your taste.

      Delete
  24. Looks great! I added in fresh garlic and some diced onion! Yum :) Thanks for the time saving recipe

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you today! I enjoy reading each and every comment I receive. (I do moderate them before they're published. Gotta keep it family friendly! ;)) Let's chat! B.Y.O.C. {Bring Your Own Chocolate!}